[ale] USB 2 RJ-45 adapter

David S. Jackson dsj at sylvester.dsj.net
Fri Dec 20 12:18:22 EST 2002

Hi,

A friend got a DSL modem from bellsouth that only has a USB connector
for the lan interface.  He doesn't want to buy another device, and he
thinks that BS won't replace the DSL modem without hitting him for more
$$.  (I told him to try to get BS to replace it first.)  So, he asked me
whether there were a USB to RJ-45 adapter, and sure enough Lynksys has a
couple that seem to fill this bill:

http://www.linksys.com/Products/product.asp?grid=34&scid=30&prid=402

for starters.  Shouldn't this work when it's plugged into a DSL modem
just as well as when it's plugged into a laptop or PC?

TIA!

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net