[ale] cpu underclocking

Rafos701 at aol.com Rafos701 at aol.com
Thu Dec 19 20:32:21 EST 2002

I thought it would be elegant to duct the air around the cpu chip towards the bare traces on a board mounted inside a dorm fridge, since, though they are seemingly quiet, were condensation or such not a problem I'd assume hearing the strategy more often.

I'm actually hopeful someone knows heat versus clock speed for slower pentium II chips, having convinced myself I can see pdf files faster when I change my Thinkpad's mmc-1 module for on-die cache units of ever faster clock speed, up to 400, I think. (I haven't seen if the sink-fan setup on the 770x's is different, and the fan on this thing never shuts on, [were it actually sullied with aol software, yet]Though this stuff is obviously robust circuitry, it really bothers me to have the case heat up, as I've heard modern ones do as well.

I wish I'd had the balls to tackle 'cougar' before the rants started getting unpopular. I'll dose up on Z, Harper's, The Nation, etc, and catch the next one.