[ale] Paging from Linux

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Dec 19 10:51:23 EST 2002

>>>>> "cfowler" == cfowler  <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

    cfowler> Does anyone know of local pager vendors that support SNPP
    cfowler> by their carrier.  SNPP allows me to send a page without
    cfowler> the modem.  I send the page directly to the carrier and
    cfowler> it goes to the user.

You might also check if they don't offer an email / SMTP gateway.  I
know several of the cell phone providers have such a service
(e.g. mail phonenumber at paging.carrier.com and it'll send the message
to that phone).

770 294-0820 (m)      |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=