[ale] cpu underclocking (silent pc in the makeing)

Matt Magee mnmagee at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 18 17:16:41 EST 2002

If you could find a quiet(er) fan to mount internally and direct the incoming
to pass through the back of the PS you may be able to reduce noise
significantly without causing much added stress to the PS. Not "silent", but
could be a good compromise between decibels and component life.  You may also
be able to significantly reduce fan noise by slowing the fan down.  If you
find the right resistance, you could cut it down enough to give almost silent
operation.