[ale] OT: DIRECTV DSL R.I.P.

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Dec 18 10:20:34 EST 2002

I like having the Telocity DSL.  I would say that I got tired of the
endless turn it off and let it sit for 5 seconds excuse I got from
DirecTV each time I had a problem.

But if there should be any thing in the ALE FAQ it should be "Say no to
DHCP and PPOE".  So many people on here call BellSouth for fast DSL then
ask questions on getting it to work wiht Linux.  For us telocity was the
only thing to go with.