[ale] OT: H1B

ANNAREDDY,REDDY (HP-Cupertino,ex1) reddyraja.annareddy at hp.com
Tue Dec 17 12:17:57 EST 2002

Hi,
I am a H1B holder working in US. US has no option left except to brings H1
and also outsource the work. Let us see the reasons behind the argument.
Europe is already having good software engineering background.

1. Competition among companies has increased a lot. If you don't provide
software for cheap, some one will provide it and take over your market. The
market is now a global economy. You can no loner think locally. Suppose you
produce the software locally. In order for you to compete globally, you have
to have a reasonable price. Given the emrging developing nations like India,
China, they can write software at a much lower cost compared to when the
software is written in US. In order for US software companies to survice,
the only way out is to be part of the Global economy and invest in India,
otherwise they are going to loose the competition. If you see Intel, Sun,
IBM, HP, Ford, GM, GE, all these companies have office in India. Thousands
of sofwtware professionals are working in these companies to prodeuce
cheaper software.
2. If the software is cheap, the benefits you are going to get are
   a.Lower insurance in most of the cases. Because if they by expensive
software, they have to charge more insurance.
   b. Platics and Platic goods: Cheaper to produce in China compared to any
other country in the world. If this is not so, you have to buy the same
pieice for $10 if made in US as compared to $1 if made in China. This means
the inflation will go up. The cost of living will go up. Our salary will not
be sufficient to survive.
   c. Even companies in India are shifting their manufacturing bases to
china for cheaper platic goods. Economy is truly Global.
3. Ireland a small country amounts major software exports in all over the
world.
4. The companies not only have to survive, they have to make profit.
Othewise invertors will not invest and the stock goes down. US economy is
driven by stock value as compared to a real value of the company. A company
is what an anlyst see as it is. It is not the company the employess are made
of etc.

5. I think going forwared, the days are going to be tough. India and China
also have tough tasks ahead.

6. I think, US is doing what it is supposed to do(Smart). It is the mart
move in the Global economy to keep inflation low and economy moving.
Otherwise there will me more layoffs etc.

7. Why do we buy Japanese goods specifically Cars etc. Becuase they last
long. The economy is truly global.

8. I think the next century belongs to those, who produce goods at a cheaper
cost. Does this country ever producess like this. There is a point at which
this country has to yield to other developing nations. As the econmomy
becomes global, more and more developing countries will take part keeping
the cost of goods down and keeping the inlfation down.

9. We have to figure out new ways to survive ourselves. Other wise we are
going to loose the cause.

10. The reson why US is developed beacause of the intense cold war. They are
forced to develop.
  For any nation to survive, the people should not rest. For people not to
rest,there has to be issues.

--cheers.