[ale] Bob Toxen

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Dec 16 19:52:55 EST 2002

How about that bio? :)

On another note, I was wondering, and that is a scary thing, you
mentioned at one time that it didn't make sense to consider Linux
clusters for the work you do.  (I THINK you said SOMETHING like that..)

Anyway, I've seen a number of articles regarding Linux clusters used in
some pretty huge projects, mostly film stuff, so I don't know how that
compares to the work you do.

Is it possible you might reconsider this possibility?

So, I'm thinking on the fly here, so I was initially thinking you could
get something going with clusters and possibly see about getting some
assistance from Steve DeChene.

Then, I thought, wow, that might be fun, maybe Steve and I could get
into it.

Just between you and me, rumors are out that AT&T will be putting a
package together to offer some early retirement incentives.  If the
numbers I'm hearing are accurate, I'm outa here. :)

Anyway, talk about a wild hair.  This email started off with the thought
about the cluster stuff for the work you do, then I thought of Steve,
because he's got a lot of background in that area.  Finally, about me
possibly being free to work on linux for fun and profit. :)

Don't take this like I'm looking for a job. :)  If I take the package,
I'll be in good shape to find something leisurely.  Just the same, I
would love for it to involve Linux.  But hey, I hear Wal-Mart's looking
for some more greeters! :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...