[ale] host name will not stay changed

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Dec 15 16:31:54 EST 2002

Most of the system setup params are in /etc/sysconfig on redhat systems.

By setting the hostname in the network file and restarting networking,
the hostname will be set.

Well, the hostname will be set fully when the box is restarted
completely. There are lots of things that take place a hostname change.