[ale] Phillips CD patent

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Dec 14 14:51:27 EST 2002

I just got the strangest letter from Phillips IP legal group. Basically,
they own butt loads of patents on CD technology. Including the making of
the disks themselves. Apparently, there are some cd-r cd-rw and dvd-r
and dvd-rw disk makers that are not paying out their license fees to
Phillips for the making of the media. So the letter is a warning that if
I, or my company specifically, is using any of the "bootleg" blank
disks, Phillips will then consider that I am an accomplice and will be
subject to paying the license fee on the disks myself.

WTF!!!

 This is a digitally signed message part