[ale] Re: Gnome+Sawfish+OpenOffice = blech

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Dec 12 17:27:06 EST 2002

On Thursday 12 December 2002 15:05, Geoffrey wrote:
> Seems to me, Gnome is breaking more things then it's fixing...

More than likely something else. I haven't ever experienced problems with
any of the Open Office or Star Office versions on my Gnome / Sawfish
setup; Menus work fine here.

In fact, in nearly 3 years of using them, Gnome (and Sawfish) have never
given me any problems to significance. of, despite my proclivities toward
experimenting with a variety of applications and interfaces. I remember
there being a couple of KDE based utilities proved flaky when hooking
into the Gnome environment, but those are the exception rather than the
rule and they weren't essential tools.

peace
aaron