[ale] Mandrake can't network

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Dec 12 15:27:07 EST 2002

On Thursday 12 December 2002 03:02 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
> I've got three machines here with mdk 9.0 and all work fine, especially
> networking, since two of them are headless, keyboard/mouse challenged.
>
> Does it see your nic?  What's showing up at boot?

Yup, sees both nics that I tried.  Link light comes on, too.  It behaves
differently depending on whether the cable is attached or not, so some
level of negotiating is happening.  There are no errors I could see other
than the lake of dhcp success.  The kernel seems quite happy with the nic,
except for never receiving a darn thing on it.

Michael