[ale] Regarding replies to the list...

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Dec 9 12:46:52 EST 2002

On Monday 09 December 2002 10:21 am, Geoffrey wrote:
> Let me make sure we all understand this.  Two folks have indicated they
> prefer the current setup. In my mind, there are three options.
>
> Currently there is no way to send email to the original poster without
> explicitly typing their email addr into the window.  That to me sucks.

other people.  The only difficulty is if they have the "Reply-to" field
set.

> 2nd, is selecting reply would reply to the list, selecting reply-all
> would send email to the list and the poster.  I would prefer this much
> over the current situation referenced above.

This is exactly how it works for me, and many other people.  It seems to me
that most people like this setup.

> 3rd, selecting reply would reply to the original poster, selecting
> reply-all would send email to the original poster and the list. (the
> solution referenced by the web site link)

And I think most of us don't like that for a community oriented mailing
list.

The current setup and 2) seem identical to me for most practical purposes.

Michael