[ale] recruiter salary questions

tslane at attbi.com tslane at attbi.com
Mon Dec 2 15:49:48 EST 2002

I don't see how it could be illegal unless you're applying for certain
government jobs in which case the app should clearly say "under penalty of
perjury" under sig line.  for private sector jobs I don't see how it could
possibly be criminal (defense contractors?) although it would be grounds if
discovered.  that doesn't mean you WOULD be if you were doing a good job, just
that they would have a strong defense against a wrongful termination suit if
they wanted to fire you (say for NOT doing well).  in practice I believe few
companies will verify any more that dates of employment out of fear of
liability.  a lot of employers do pull credit reports now (a practice which
should be immediately outlawed but that's a topic for another thread) which may
or may not contradict the no. you want to supply but I wouldn't worry too much
about it.

just my 2c/never 2Bho...