[ale] Remote X (more)

David Corbin dcorbin at imperitek.com
Thu Aug 29 22:20:24 EDT 2002

Thanks for all the tips.

I know have my system set up so that when I select the correct lilo
target, I get my KDE-based login for my remote system.  Now, if I press
CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE, the entire thing shuts down.  This leads to the
following questions:

1) How to I prevent CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE from shutting the Server down
2) How can I add something to the KDM login screen that runs a command
(so I can write a script to shutdown the server)
3) Right now, my init script which fires this up "ends" with "init 4",
so that I'll get a login prompt.  I'd really like to provide a simple
menu (text based is fine) to provide several choices of where to go
next.  Is there a handy tool that I can use for this type of thing?

and now for the most important question....

4) What can I do to bring sound to my new X Terminal?

Thanks much.
David