[ale] Resolved - Re: [ale] KDE configuration confusion

John Mills jmmills at telocity.com
Wed Aug 28 23:06:10 EDT 2002

Jim and Michael -

Thanks for the help.

On 28 Aug 2002, Michael Hirsch wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 15:02, Jim wrote:
> > It should be in Control Center under Peripherals/Mouse. But I wouldn't be
> > surprised if RedHat gave you rpm's for KDE with the Control Center ripped
> > out.
>
> I think you are mistaken.  I've never seen anything under
> Peripheral/Mouse other than right vs. left-handed, single/double click
> issues.
>

> > On Wednesday 28 August 2002 02:48 pm, John Mills wrote:

> > > I just set up my RH-7.3 with KDE and would like to change some
> > > window/desktop behaviors,
 [tale of woe elided ...]

I had kicked off a massive, dual-job build on a somewhat underwhelming
box, and apparently could get the window manager's attention from a couple
of points (frame controls), but not in general, or probably I just
expected immediate response and it was totally slogged by the compilation
load.

When the build terminated, the windows came back to managable condition.

'Live and live ...' as they say.

> I've never seen this, or maybe I don't understand you.  What happens
> when you click and drag the title bar?
 Nada

>Does the window move?
 Not in my lifetime.

> All these things you mention are standard left click things.

Yeah, when you get some measurable CPU throughput, I guess.

Thanks again.

 - John Mills