[ale] OT: Annoying Mozilla Question

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 28 19:20:12 EDT 2002

Keith Hopkins wrote:

> Jeffrey B. Layton wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>   I like Mozilla so far, but there is one thing that is absolutely
>> driving me crazy that I don't know how to change. I'm trying
>> to download files. The link is a PHP script that then allows
>> you to download a .zip file, or a .rpm, or a .tar, etc. Mozilla
>> ALWAYS asks waht I want to do with the file. I want to save
>> it to the disk, but I don't see ANY way to do this! This is really
>> driving me crazy since I can't right-click on the link to save the
>> file!! Anybody have any suggestions before I boot Mozilla
>> out in favor of Netscape (it sucks, but at least I can save files
>> to the disk).
>>

> I see that too sometimes, unfortunately I don't have a fix for you
> :-)  But, I do think something is mangling the save-as filename, but
> changing it in the box doesn't help.  I have to jump over to galeon
> (which pulls the mozlibs) to save.  Maybe it's time to check bugzilla....

   This is what I did. When I went to the Download dialog
box under preferences, I didn't see anything. Only a little
thing at the top that said, "When Starting a Download."
So, I'm assuming my icons/themes/styles are causing
problems. I tried various themes/styles/icons under KDE
but I got the same thing (neeed to try gnome next I suppose).
   So, I did what Keith has suggested and downloaded
Galeon. It screamed about the fact that I didn't have Mozilla
1.0.0 installed, but I said screw it and went full force ahead.
Galeon works much better when downloading (especially
when you can't see the buttons!).
   Until I get to the bottom of this, I guess I'll follow Keith's
suggestion on this one.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Jeff

P.S. The link is,