[ale] Update: Charter Cable Filtering

msmith at mikeandmel.com msmith at mikeandmel.com
Wed Aug 28 18:31:36 EDT 2002

Maybe it is a Roswell thing.... I live there also and I
don't get blocked(but I do have a static
IP(grandfathered cablevision account)...

Mike

href="http://mail.mikeandmel.com//jump/http://sirinek.dyndns.org">http://sirinek.dyndns.org</a>

> Bill
>

> On Wednesday 28 August 2002 16:36, Robert L. Harris
> wrote:
> &gt; Ok, final update.  (Thanks to John Wells for
alot of
> external testing
> &gt; and sanity checking).
> &gt;
> &gt; Charter DOES block port 80 on residential
accounts.
> On commercial
> &gt; accounts (with a static IP) they do not.
> &gt;
> &gt; After doing alot of poking with John's help it
was
> nailed down to
> &gt; something external to my firewall is blocking so
> called charter in the
> &gt; possibility it's a misconfigured cable modem.
The
> tech on the otherside
> &gt; asked around and got confirmation.
> &gt;
> &gt; So, can anyone show me a HOWTO on using DNS to
run my
> http on a
> &gt; different port?
> &gt;
> &gt; Robert
> &gt;
> &gt; :wq!
> &gt;
> &gt;

> &gt; Robert L. Harris
> &gt;
> &gt; DISCLAIMER:
> &gt;       These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for
> no-one else.
> &gt; FYI:
> &gt;  perl -e 'print

$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt; ---
> &gt; This message has been sent through the ALE
general
href="http://mail.mikeandmel.com//jump/http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml">http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml</a> for more
> info. Problems should
> &gt; be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
>

> ---
> This message has been sent through the ALE general
> discussion list.
> See <a
href="http://mail.mikeandmel.com//jump/http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml">http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml</a> for more
> info. Problems should be