[ale] The world just got screwed....

Jordi S. Bunster j.bunster at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 28 16:17:57 EDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 12:49:09PM -0700, Joe Bayes wrote:

> That's fine, but *please* do not distribute these mp3->ogg files. We
> don't want somebody hearing one of them and assuming that the poor
> sound quality is the best that ogg can put out.

Oh, I won't, don't worry. I'm not into piracy. I had all of these CDs, I
just destroyed them before coming to US, because it was too expensive to
bring them all over. So I recorded them as 192kbs mp3s.

And, as I said, I'm putting a tag on each file, which clearly says it
was transcoded from an mp3, in case someone asks about it, when
listening to a song here at my parties! :)

 -- Jsb