[ale] Contact Manager ???

Gary MacKay gary at edisoninfo.com
Tue Aug 27 10:58:22 EDT 2002

At the risk of starting a religeous discussion, what is avaliable in the
linux market for contact management, such as Act! and Goldmine?? I'm
narrowing down on a 'standard' (my guess at a standard anyway) linux
workstation to offer my clients and one area I'm not sure of is CM. Some
of my clients are using LookOut but most are on Act! or Goldmine. I'm
aware of the web versions like phpGroupWare, etc. but was looking for a
non-web based solution. Something to track phone calls, appointments,
etc. I looked at Evolution, but I think it must have Gnome installed to
use it and I've settled on KDE as the desktop.

Please do not take off on tangents on why did I pick OpenOffice or KDE
or whatever. For better or worse that is where it is at for now. I just
need to find a good business solution, not home use, for CM.

- Gary