[ale] Vim help

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Aug 27 10:34:21 EDT 2002

 > I need some color changing help for vim.  I run my xterms as bg black
 >  and fg white.  When I my C code this makes comments difficult to
 > read because they are in dark blue.  How can I change this color?

You can turn off syntax coloring by adding 'syntax off' to your .vimrc file.

To muck with the colors, the only way I know to do this is globally (all
users) via the /usr/share/vim/syntax/syncolor.vim file.  It's text, so
you can edit it with emacs.  Just kidding  vi will work too. :)  Once
you get into it, it's pretty self-explanatory.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net