[ale] OT: anyone using ViaVoice?

Tom & JaVonn pairoftwins at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 26 23:17:51 EDT 2002

James:

Good digging.  Says the Linux version support recognition, but not synthesis.  Also that you need ViaVoice.

" In much the same way that Java implementations are built on top of the native operating system GUI capabilities, Speech for Java is built on top of the native speech recognition and synthesis capabilities in IBM ViaVoice. Therefore, Speech for Java requires IBM ViaVoice. "

So, if developers integrated this, then their apps could offer speech recognition, right?  But only if the user had a copy of ViaVoice...

Tom