[ale] Favorite distros

Mazukna, Thomas Thomas.Mazukna at delta.com
Mon Aug 26 16:17:18 EDT 2002

Let me put my $.02

1. Debian
2. Slackware
3. all the rest .rpm based

I started with slack when it was king in 95. Friend persuaded me to try
Debian.
I hated it then.... with dselect install nightmare.... infinite dependency
loop....
tried redhat, suse, mandrake, progeny, corel and couple others.... went back
try debian potato this time and loving everything about it.... been on
stable,
testing and unstable. If you can get past installation difficulties it will
save
you countless nights of trying to fix .rpm dependency nightmares.
haven't tried gentoo yet....

Tomas