[ale] favorite distros

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Mon Aug 26 13:58:40 EDT 2002

My two cents' worth:

1. Red Hat because it's simply the one I've been familiar with all these
   years, and the new install keeps getting better.
2. Slackware because it forces you to learn the guts of a GNU/Linux system.
3. Debian for having so many darn packages and for being the truest to the
   "free/libre" ideal. I hope its install has gotten better since "Potato".
4. SuSE for its "LiveEval" CD, handy for ppl that don't want to mess up a
   Windows installation.
5. Gentoo - if I had broadband, this would have been my favorite, but I'm
   still creeping on dialup, so right now it's my least favorite.