[ale] Favorite distros

rhiannen rhiannen at atlantacon.org
Mon Aug 26 13:19:01 EDT 2002

Add another vote for Slackware - mainly because of it's "package
management" or lack thereof.  I prefer a very granular control over my
OS installation, updates, and the overlaying applications; Slackware
(and OpenBSD) suit me perfectly.

As to my "qualifications" to give my opinion (like I ever need any,
<g>), I've been supporting Windows for what feels like ages (the 3.x
years), started running Linux on my home units at about Slack4,
installed/admin'd our OpenBSD firewall using pf before we switched it
out for IPTables, and entertain myself when bored by installing and
trying to break, er, learn more about various OS's on spare machines or
my poor old laptop.  (OpenBSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, all windows flavors,
OpenLinux, RedHat, Mandrake, SuSE, BeOS <--very sweet>, & many more than
I'm forgetting right now.)

----
rhia
knowledge is power - arm yourself