[ale] GIMP

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Aug 26 13:13:55 EDT 2002

There i a text tool (looks like the letter "T"). Select that and a box
will pop-up to choose font and enter the text in the space on the
pop-up. When you select "OK", the text will be on the image "floating",
selected for a move to a final location.  It is best to have previously
inserted a blank layer to past the test into so it can be separately
selected for manipulation.