[ale] Favorite distros

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Aug 26 13:00:29 EDT 2002

It's a root vegetable. Most are white, some are golden. When sliced into
thin sheets and fried in hot oil, they make potato chips. These are
often served with sandwiches (a layered meal of bread, sauces, sliced or
chopped protein source, often a meat of some kind, frequently has sliced
cheese and assorted vegetables like tomatoes and lettuce). They can also
be peeled, boiled and then mashed with butter, milk, salt, pepper and
sour cream for a hot, savory addition to many types of main meals.

Many people get "hooked on potatoes" faster than getting hooked on
phonics. They taste good and can be prepared in a variety of ways.
Unlike the phonics stuff which confused many people and teaches
apparently poor spelling habits, potatoes are recognized as nutritious.

:)

Debian named a particular version "potato" Other names include "woody"
and "sid".