[ale] [OT] AJC Article on State Welfare System

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Mon Aug 26 11:15:49 EDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 10:25:06AM -0400, Irv Mullins wrote:
> Geeks tend to think of technological solutions to problems. Technology is
> the least of the problems here.  The only technological solution I can think
> of which has any chance of succeeding is the electric cattle prod.

This is the first response that comes close to touching upon the true
reasons why $30 million has gone down the tubes:

"If your users don't know what they need, you can't build a system to
 meet their needs"

We all know the technology that this project needs is pretty simple and
straightforward.  But until you know what direction is north, it's
pretty foolish to start laying pavement.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                   pizza at f*cktheusers.org
I'm not broke, but I'm badly bent.                         ICQ #1318344

 PGP signature