[ale] OT- Transition to fast access

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Mon Aug 26 09:22:54 EDT 2002

Yes, I think it is a waste of time - I don't even think they'd attempt an
install at that distance.

> 2.  Charter Communications supports my area.  If I go with
> cable, is there anything special I have to do when I want to
> connect the modem to a Linksys switch/hub, enabling internal
> network access?  Do I have to register the mac address of the
> Ethernet card with the provider and then change it if I
> insert the Linksys unit?

The good news here is, of the 5 or 6 cable installations I've seen/helped
set up, they were *all* faster than DSL.  And the users did not report any
significant slowdown during peak usage hours - but if they were only
browsing the web, they may not nitice it if there were.

Go with the cable, and don't look back.

Charles