[ale] Gentoo

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Mon Aug 26 09:19:11 EDT 2002

Looks like he missed a decimal point - 2.2MB as opposed to 22MB.  So,
apparently thats not the culprit, if there even is one.

> Regardless, I've got a larger drive, a 128 MB swap and it's
> gotten further this time then in previous attempts, so I guess
> that's a good thing.
>
> As you expected, it's still going, so I'll give updates on
> major points of progress or weekly which ever come first. :)

kewl.  Now, is this the original box you were using?  What is the current
congiuration?

> Understood, but I'm trying to 'locate' the minimum install
> requirements, as I figure a custom compiled environment
> would be very well suited to low level hardware, such as
> the 486 arch. they 'claim' to support. :)

True enough.  I still haven't gotten a definitive answer, which most likely
means there isn't one - which doesn't completely surprise me, seeing as how
relatively new Gentoo still is.

Oh well, looks like you'll be providing some detais in this area.

:)

Charles