[ale] Re: [OT] [long] [ale] guess I am screwed, eh?

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Sun Aug 25 10:42:22 EDT 2002

On Sunday 25 August 2002 09:56 am, you wrote:
> Tom Wiencko wrote:
> > Depending on what you want to do with the rest of your life, you
> > may want to consider changing majors.
>
> I don't know that you should change your major.  Study what you like.
> If you want to do computers, a CS is certainly not going to hurt you.
> These days, neither will a BS in Math or Physics for that matter.  Point
> being, to get hired for 'computer' work, you'll be expected to have some
> kind of technical degree.

<snip>

By all means study what interests you. I saw a study recently which showed
the a large percentage (majority?) of college graduates ended up doing work
unrelated to their degrees, some changing fields more than once..

I believe that this can contribute to success. Perhaps it's easier to "think
outside of the box" if you come from outside the box.

At any rate, get a technical degree, along with some business courses,
and golf ( a valuable business skill :)

Regards,
Irv