[ale] WAY OT fo the WAY OT: RE: [ale] Is there any way to stop this travesty? -- NO, of course not!

Kilroy, Chris Chris.Kilroy at turner.com
Fri Aug 23 16:12:35 EDT 2002

without going to much off the deepend, i'll just say that your analysis of what the NIH does is highly inaccurate.  read the last line of the biology articles in Science and Nature every week.  they will say something like "This work was funded by NIH grant xyz".  The NIH funds a tremendous portion of American academic science, which is the reason why the US is the leader in biomedical technology, and will be for the forseeable future.

saying that because income tax pays off interest - therefore making none of my nickels contribute to the 2003 federal budget is merely equivocation.  My mortgage company doesnt count any money they apply to interest as "payment not received".  Otherwise my credit report would look like hell =).  Regardless, a literal interpretation of my post would accomplish little, as it was of course supposed to be slightly ridiculous.

Since the government does not sell advertising space on mountains and trees, i am inclined to think that income tax revenue actually does pay for what the government does, regardless of what some web page (www.uhuh.com) says some survey done in 1984 at Reagan's behest says =).  The site doesnt exactly have the ring of objectivity to it from my standpoint =).

anyways, the work day draws late, and I have more...*baaaa*....stuff to do....*baaaa*....

have a good weekend =)

-chris