[ale] Is there any way to stop this travesty? -- NO, of course not!

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Fri Aug 23 15:07:58 EDT 2002

huh?  Exactly how is open ballot voting (everyone being able to see who
voted for whom, and when) *worse* than secret ballot voting in this
respect??

> I personally do not and will never believe in the
> underlying "goodness and nobility of the common
> man," most especially when money or power is at
> stake.  I'll freely admit to being cynical and most
> likely warped by numerous negative personal
> experiences.

<snip>

> Although a good old fashioned show of hands is
> admirable, secret voting allows for people to
> vote without fear of retribution.

This is one of the arguments used, but in reality, what it does is relieve
people of one more burden of responsibility.  This is how they dumb us down
and mold us into what they want (willing slaves) - they tell us 'Oh, you
don't have to worry about that - *we'll* take care of that for you', and the
next thing you know, the servant (government) has become the master.

As to whether or not you are a slave:

In medieval times, if more than 10% of what you earned in a year went to
your Lord, you were considered a slave.  How much of what you earn goes to
the federal pig?

Charles