[ale] Samba Printer Install Script

bkruger at mindspring.com bkruger at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 23 08:11:29 EDT 2002

Does anyone know of a good script for installing downloadable printer drivers
with Samba's RPC Client?  I am looking for something that can analyze the .inf
file that comes with driver packages and then upload them to the server,
making the driver downloadable by others on the network.

I have tried using both the update feature from a W2K client and Imprints,
both without success.  On the former, the driver is not uploaded to the
server, but rather stays on the W2K client.  The latter will not compile on my
Slackware v8.1 systems.

Servers are both running Slackware v8.1, Samba 2.2.5, and kernel 2.4.18.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards - Bob Kruger