[ale] Best Desktop Env or Distro for Windows users?

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Wed Aug 21 10:43:18 EDT 2002

Uh.  If the Company President, or Office Manager, or whover is in charge of
these decisions, mandates that this is the new corporate Desktop, the Users
will have no say-so about it.  They *can't* refuse to use it - all they can
do is complain amopngst themselves, and worst-case, quit and go work
somewhere else.

Managements *only* concern should be that they have the tools they need to
do their job well.

> You can use this as a selling point. Users will be
> impressed with their ability to customize things.
> The only other thing they will care about is that
> Linux may crash less often than Windows.  Anything
> else, no mater how real, will be unimportant.

Who *cares* what the Users think, ultimately?

No, I'm not really the cold-hearted bastard I may sound like, but really -
is Management providing these people computers so they can play with them,
or so they can do their work?  People used to get by with pen, paper and a
typewriter, so do *not* tell me they* have* to have KDE eye-candy to be able
to write a letter, send a fax, or create a Proposal, send email or browse
the web.

Charles