[ale] html/javascript question.. linux < OT < baseball strike

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Aug 20 15:43:45 EDT 2002

For a long while now I I've used a bit of javascript to change an image
when the image is selected (onMouseDown()).  To do this, the img tag
contains a 'name=foo' attribute which is used by the javascript to
locate the image.

I just happened to run the w3c html validator against this code and it
notes that 'name=foo' is not a valid attribute for HTML 4.0.  Removing
the reference rids me of the validator error, but then the onMouseDown()
does not work, and I get a javascript error in the javascript console.

Anyone else doing something like this, I guess in a different way, so as
to please both html 4.0 and javascript??
Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net