[ale] no space left on disk that's 65% full??

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Aug 19 10:48:46 EDT 2002

Michael Hirsch had a similar problem a while back (a year ago or so). He
was running reiserfs. I don't remember all the details, but reiserfs was
not reporting all the space as available due to its journalling/loging
process. If you are running a journalling file system, I would recommend
you start looking at its idea of "full". The log may be full and
blocking on writes to the real file system.