[ale] great digital camera?

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 19 08:55:00 EDT 2002

Drew,

On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 12:03, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> I am looking for a good digital camera that is compatible with Linux. I guess
> my resolution should be 800x600. I just want to take snapshots - like a 35mm
> camera or disposable camera would. Can anyone recommend a nice camera?

	I have an Olympus Camedia 3040Z, and like it a lot.  I usually just use
it as a point-n-shoot.  It uses SmartMedia, which is supported by the
SDDR09 module of the USB-Storage sub-sub-system.  The only change I'd
make would be to make it a true through-the-lens viewfinder.  Fuji makes
several that do this, by using a magnified LCD screen in the
viewfinder.  But even using that, you apparently don't get 100% of the
final image in the viewfinder.

	Both of these are reviewed at:

	http://www.steves-digicams.com/

it's a pretty good site.  Check it out!