[ale] great digital camera?

miguel miguelq at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 18 19:48:26 EDT 2002

I just bought a sony mavica cd400. What a monster camera! my favorite
feature is to be able to take mpegs. it writes the data to 8cm cd-rw or
cd-r. But I have noticed I can play an mpeg video several megs
in file size with no problems in my win2k pro workstation using windows
mediaplayer :-(, but on my RH7.2 machine the same video only plays a few
seconds  using kdemedia player, plaympeg,  and xmms.....hmmm
strange. Maybee its a graphics hardware acceleration issue(i have a 64mb
nVidea Gforce2)?, but what is even more strange is that I tried to copy
the mpeg video to the hd and play it from that location......but this:
cp mov00001.mpeg ~
results in $? == 1 and a very terse i/o error message....i'll keep
looking around
tia

-Mig