[ale] WineX comments?

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Sat Aug 17 15:05:25 EDT 2002

    James> Has anyone used Transgaming's WineX? I'm contemplating
    James> plonking down the $$ for it for my kids and am interested
    James> in feedback on how well it works or doesn't work.

        I've had intermittent success.  Stuff that is noted as working
on their web pages works pretty well (Jedi Knight II, Diablo II, and
Black & White).  Some stuff that's not specifically noted as working
runs pretty well (relevant to your question would be some educational
software; `Sesame Street Create & Draw in Elmo's World' and
`Jump*Start Preschool' to name two).  Other stuff doesn't work
(SimGolf, Freedom Force, Battle Realms).

        For the price (15$ for 3 months) it's worth it if it'll run
what you're interested in.  I'd let my subscription lapse a few months
back and just renewed for another three months when this latest (2.1)
version came out that runs B&W and Warcraft III (which I'm probably
picking up real soon now).

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=
770 294-0820 (m)      |                                               U