[ale] Gentoo Linux install question

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Aug 17 09:15:47 EDT 2002

May have run into a stumbling block here.  My install get's to the point
where there's a tremendous amount of disc IO, the disk light is on
constantly and the drive sounds like a couple 1000 crickets.  It's
running the scripts/bootstrap.sh script. Anyway, on the screen it was
displaying the following:

sv_YU.ISO-8859-2... done
.
.
te_IN.UTF-8...

So now I've not seen any progress in some time, any idea what it's up
to?  I fear it's some kind of infinite loop.  Switching to a different
vt shows the last updated directory was tmp and that was almost 3 hours ago.

It got to this same point yesterday and I decided to restart the whole
thing with a clean install, since I'd hacked around with the previous
attempt a couple of times.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net