[ale] Out of space on root !

Tom & JaVonn pairoftwins at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 16 22:35:17 EDT 2002

Ben:

The print spool is /var/spool  and when I look there all I see is:

cron
lpd
mail -> ../mail

and the lpd tree ends in an empty directory.

df -i shows only 24% of inodes used.

What bothers me the most is uninstalling and reinstalling lprng, then finding that the conf files were NOT put into /etc/lprng --- only printcap -> ../printcap is there, but when I extract the contents of the deb package I can copy the files there without error.  Only then will "lprng start" run without complaining of missing conf file.

Thanks,

Tom