[ale] Request for information - how linux saves $$$

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Fri Aug 16 10:47:49 EDT 2002

Good catch - legally speaking, for each *concurrent* user, yes you do.  You
could have some 'guest' accounts, and just let each user fire off a session
if/when they needed it, but obviously this wouldn't work fror anyone who
needed top spend all or a lot of their time in Windows.

Personally, if I had 65 Windows 2000 licenses, and decided I wanted to use
Windows 98, I would ethically conclude that the Win2K license allowed me to
use Win98, but not both at the same time.

Of course, M$loth's lawyers wouldn't agree with me.

Win4Lin is supposedly gonna be supporting Windows 2000 in the faily near
future (3 months?  6 months?  a year?), but I'd hesitate to suggest you wait
this long.

Is there anyplace one can buy bulk Win9x licenses?  If you could ghet them
for $20 ea or so, that'd be one alternative... a heck of a lot cheaper than
the 'upgrade' to WinXP right now.

Charles