[ale] linux friendly cheep hardware...

Calvin Harrigan charrig at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 15 19:32:52 EDT 2002

It's not difficult at all.  I used one in my car mp3 player I built a
couple years ago.  Think that one was a 20x4.  Everything is done for you
all you have to do is provide power (5-12v)  a regulator is built into most
of them.  And a standard serial cable.  You can even modify the cable to
supply power to the unit.  It's controlled via ascii text at a selectable
baud rate.  Worked fine to 19200 in my case.