[ale] Out of space on root !

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Thu Aug 15 14:31:31 EDT 2002

Just a guess but you might have a directory (check /tmp or /var/spool (or wherever your spool is))
with too many entries in it even though the files take very little room. I don't know what the limits are
under ext2 but that would be the kind of behaviour I would expect. Only printing doesn't work? "/"
& "/home" are your only partitions? You don't have "/var" or "/boot" as separate mount points?

	good luck,

		Ben Scherrey

8/15/2002 2:58:02 PM, Tom & JaVonn <pairoftwins at mindspring.com> wrote:

>All:
>
>Building up a recycled PC late last night, I filled up / (lots of space free on /home), but didn't know
until this morning when X refused to start.

>Immediately freed up 75 MB, and "apt-get clean" brought it up to 175 MB free, then used Tom's
RtBt to scan both partitions for errors --- both came thru clean.

>STILL can't print 'cause lpr.log says "write failed - No space left on device".
>
>After uninstalling lprng, when reinstalling it refuses to install /etc/lprng/lpr.conf even though it is
clearly listed as part of the package.