[ale] Gentoo Linux install question

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Thu Aug 15 13:32:30 EDT 2002

"To install from the build CD, you will need to have a 486+ processor and
ideally at least 64 Megabytes of RAM. (Gentoo linux has been successfully
built with 64MB of RAM + 64MB of swap space, but the build process is
awfully slow under those conditions.)"

This is probably why you are having problems.

What changes did you make to make.conf?

Usually when bootstrap fails, it is because you forgot to change something
in make.conf, or set your optimization levels too aggressive.  Unless you
*really* know what you are doing with these settings, it is recommended that
you use the defaults.

But, like I said, it looks like you don't have enough RAM.

Charles