[ale] Gentoo Linux install question

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Aug 15 10:01:19 EDT 2002

Charles Marcus wrote:
> Can you be more specific on the problem?
>
> Are you following the updated Floppy Install HowTo:
>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=45856

installing from a boot floppy:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=8690

> ?
>
> If so, which specific step are you getting stuck on?  Are you getting an
> error message?  What command are you issuing?

I think it was rsync was failing because of my firewall.  As previously
noted, wget worked.  Question is, you said in your previous message,
once you did the wget, emerge at will.  Can't locate any docs on emerge,
I thought it was used to get the goods updated.  I've unpacked the goods
in /usr as you noted, what do I do with emerge from that point?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net