[ale] AArrgg. Tripwire problems

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Aug 13 23:38:52 EDT 2002

I've got a problem that I haven't got a clue about fixing. On a fresh
RH7.3 install, I'm ready to run tripwire. However - after editing
/etc/tripwire/twpol.txt to add mail functions, I'm unable to get the
/etc/tripwire/twinstall.sh to run to completion. Even after uninstalling
the tripwire package and clearing all the files I can find, the twinstall
unpolitely refuses to finish. It accepts and verifies both the site pass
phrase and the local passphrase, creates the keys, accepts the site pass
phrase to sign the configuration file, and cannot accept the local pass
phrase (failing three times before exiting).

Anybody have a clue?

Thanks.
(This system update at the same time as painting the kitchen before a
party has not proven to be a good idea...)

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ingnorance
                   Author Unknown