[ale] OT: WIN2k Networking

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Fri Aug 9 16:03:17 EDT 2002

	would it better to assign different metric value to each default
routes ( shuffle the orders later on as necessary), so you sort of
have a fail-over / load-balancing.

 On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Denny Chambers wrote:

#Thanks Robert, that is the kind of info I am looking for.
#
#Robert Heaven wrote:
#
#>Even though it will "allow" you to define multiple default gateways, you
#>shouldn't... the routing software will randomly try both paths causing
#>slow response. Pick one NIC as your default gateway and let the other do
#>static routing.
#>
#>