[ale] Gentoo Linux install question

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 8 14:43:42 EDT 2002

Well there's a couple of possibilites:

1) CDROM booting almost always uses a floppy image. Simply pull the image off
   the CD, put it on a floppy and boot with it.

2) Option #3: installing from existing Linux installation, is a possibility.
   If this is a machine with a blank disk, booting off a Slack install disk,
   doing an fdisk to partition, then install the Gentoo tarball from the CD.

In either case it doesn't look that diffcult to accomplish.

BAJ