[ale] gentoo lunix?

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Wed Aug 7 12:43:05 EDT 2002

Don't know of any definitive 'sources' that say this, but everyone I've
talked to who has switched says the same thing.  Apparently, compiling
against the actual libs you have on your computer just creates more stable
binaries.  It just works better.  And in spite of those who claim that
performance gains are negligible - well, all I can say is, my Desktop is
*much* snappier - KDE just responds better - everything just responds
better.  I can't tell you why, it just does.  Subjective?  Yes.  But there
ya go...

Charles